Thursday, January 20, 2011

[SoBH-Vikings] Spare us from the fury of the Northman

I recently picked up Wargames Factory's Viking Huscarls and Viking Bondi boxes. These are very nice minis, injection molded plastic with great options for weapons and equipment, and a great price point with 32 figures for $20. With my copy of Song of Blades and Heroes and the additional books I got for Christmas I have the perfect little rules for a Viking warband in 28mm. Two more pewter figures from Reaper for my heroes and I'll have my initial warband plenty ready.

Right now I am look at/have built
  • 1 Armored warrior with axe and shield
  • 1 Armored warrior with 2 handed axe
  • 1 Armored warrior with spear and shield
  • 3 Unarmored warriors with spear and shield
  • 3 Unarmored warriors with bow
I want at least 5 bow man, 5 of each version of spear and shield and 5 hand weapon and shield, then add in my Reaper heroes and see where I stand.

This brings up some wonderful terrain options for me;
  • A Viking long house
  • Rune stones
  • Stockades - as stealing livestock is aways good for scenarios
  • Sacrificial tree, with bodies hanging

No comments:

Post a Comment