Having had some time to ponder my previous ideas, and more input from other sources has led me to firm up some ideas.
- Statistics are generated by 3d6 dice rolls, with any two stats swapped.
- Stats in order are; Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity, Constitution, Charisma.
- Rather than using 1st edition or later stat modifies I am going with 3=-3, 4-5 = -2, 6-8 = -1, 9-12 = 0, 13-15 = 1, 16-17=2, 18=3
- Strength modifiers affect melee combat for damage, Intelligence gives bonus languages and resistance to arcane magic, Wisdom affects resistance to clerical magic, Dexterity affect ranged to hit rolls, Constitution affects hit points and resisting poison, and Charisma affects reactions and social status.
- Once modifiers have been established 2d6 is rolled for Social status, modified by Charisma. 2 or less = slave status, 3-5 = lower class, 6-8 = middle class, 9-11 = upper class, 12+ = nobility
- Combat will use a matrix based system like Basic and 1e as this lets me maintain repeating results to set a specific feel, rather than the extended rise of newer editions.
- Weapon damage and weapon proficiency will be opened up while simplified.
Dual wielding roll for each weapon and pick one.