Tuesday, January 25, 2011

[FA] DS Reginleif - work in progress pics

I briefly mentioned that I had a Dzindrezi fleet box that I picked up cheap because it was second hand and badly put together. To be a little more accurate the Battleship was assembled badly, as the two hull sides are designed to be assembled with a space between them. However I was not that lucky - the prior owner did his damnedest to lock the two hull sides together, and I was missing a small piece intended for the very aft of the model. While the battleship wasnt as badly warmed as the cruisers (which I have not even touched as that will involved alot more work then I want to deal with right now.

Anyways - on to the conversion Ive started for my "battleship" which I think I'll count as a dreadnought.

As the pic shows Ive added an extension to the chin, reminiscent of the Super Star Destroyer Eclipse from Star Wars: Dark Empire. The small grey dots in the slot are magnets that Ive glued in with the hopes of creating at least 2 versions on this hull.

The view above shows off the much expanded width of the vessel, as I used three 1/8" balsa sheets to create a much bulkier and hopefully brutal look. The primary version Im hoping to build for this will have a design concept of a heavily armored, heavily gunned sledgehammer. A major inspiration, equipment wise at least, are the Warhammer 40k Battle Barges. Short ranged, even more reinforced than usual, totally lacking fighter or mine capabilitys but with extensive close in weaponry. The magnets will mount blisters that mount both broadside gun racks and quad barreled point defense units as well. The magnets are there for the possibility of the blisters being swapped out for winglets mounting some sort of weapon assemblies or subhulls.

Still got alot to do, much less figuring out a base and painting. Right now I am thinking of using a pack of the "googly eyes" you can get at craft stores as the bodies of my turrets and just mount brass rods as gun barrels. Once the kit is fully built I can look into statting up the model using my buddy's Firestorm Armada rulebook, unless I just get it next time Im out at Legions.

No comments:

Post a Comment