Sunday, December 30, 2012

[Stars Without Numbers] Wanderers in Darkness pt. 1

Wanderers in Darkness is my SWN campaign for an episodic game at the monthly club.

However Im not going to stick with just the rules as written. I want to add a little more heroics then I think the rules are designed for. One of the elements I like with Savage Worlds is the concept of bennies. A simple limited number of rerolls is the easiest to implement, so all characters will start with 3 bennies for the 4 hour sessions. On the other side I'll have 2 + a bennie for each player.

Additionally there is quite a bit of gear from SWN, Gammaworld and Mutant Future that I want to finally see in play. As cool as Serenity/Firefly is, I want more tech in my sci-fi. I plan to steal from Alternity and provide PCs with a piece of gear that is distinct to their concept, for example a battle hardened marine would feel naked without his old service armor.

Not exactly a rule change but I plan to havd players explain how they fail when they blow a die roll. I want failure to be as interesting storywise as sucess.

More as I create worlds

No comments:

Post a Comment