Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hobby stuff (and distractions)

Its been a bit since I posted last, what with the convention and holiday and all.

New (to me) RPGs Ive managed to snag
- Esoterrorists - the original Gumshoe system game. Interesting but I picked it up primarily to scavenge good ideas out of it. Ideally Id love to run a fantasy game with Gumshoe elements along the lines of the Nightwatch stories of Terry Pratchett and the Garrett stories of Glen Cook.
- Deadlands Reloaded - Ive been asked to run a short story arc in Savages Worlds flagship setting of Deadlands for a group from the gaming club. Interesting setting and Im working on binding up the pdf I printed out.
- Traveller - this one is a hard back that I think is original edition rules. Very interesting as an example of science fiction games, but I havent had a chance to dig through it.
- Bloodbowl 3e and 2002 annual - all I need is dice and dimensions on the board and I can look into creating myself some ultraviolent football.
- Big Eyes, Small Mouth - I actually ended up with a 1st edition copy, but regardless I may have to sketch out some ideas for some anime campaigns, maybe Appleseed or something fantasy esque.

Current RPG projects
- Most are shelved still from prep for the con, though my first attempt at binding a book (digest sized Stars Without Numbers) is slowly proceeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment